This is an NCAC community-based initiative committed to advancing the social and economic integration and participation of Nigerian newcomers, immigrants and refugees in Calgary.
Through the generous support of donors and program sponsors, NCAC Newcomers Assistance Program provides services that build connections, create opportunities and promote participation in our community to the increasing number of newcomers who call Calgary their home.
A unique community-based initiative created by NCAC that allows members and Non-members to donate new or fairly used unwanted items (clothes, bicycles, toys, tools) to a family that will put them to good use and keep their useful life is extended.
- Immigrate to Canada without a job offer: Ontario PNP October 17, 2021Unlike many other countries in the world, Canada provides opportunities for foreigners to immigrate without first landing a job offer. Because the Canadian immigration system is highly versatile and dynamic, there are several immigration avenues available to those who have not yet found a job that would help them immigrate to Canada. While the most […]Alexandra Miekus
- Can I sponsor my spouse or partner for Canadian immigration? October 16, 2021Bringing families together is one of the major goals of Canada’s immigration system. The main way Canada does this is through its Spousal, Partner, and Children immigration sponsorship category. Canada looks to welcome around 80,000 immigrants through this category each year. Canadian citizens and permanent residents may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner […]Kareem El-Assal
- Canada employment regains pre-pandemic levels in September October 15, 2021Canada’s economy gained 157,000 jobs last month, bringing the employment rate to within a percentage point of pre-pandemic levels. Statistics Canada’s Labour Force Survey captured the Canadian labour market for the week of September 12 to 18. That week, several provinces had introduced proof-of-vaccination requirements to enter certain non-essential venues like gyms and restaurants. Discover […]Shelby Thevenot
- The benefits of hiring a lawyer to help with your PGP immigration application October 15, 2021Are you one of the 30,000 fortunate PGP applicants who have been invited to submit a sponsorship application over the coming weeks? Exceptionally, this year, IRCC invited a record number of people to apply for the 2021 Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP), giving more Canadians and permanent residents than ever the opportunity to bring their […]Kara Crudo
- How to Immigrate to Canada from Iran October 14, 2021Iran is one of the leading source countries of new immigrants to Canada. In 2019, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Iran ranked 10th among Canada’s immigrant source countries with just over 6,000 Iranians obtaining Canadian permanent residence. Iranians are ideal candidates for Canadian immigration due to their high levels of education, professional work experience, and […]Gabriel Dumitrascu
- Express Entry: Canada holds third PNP draw in a row October 13, 2021On October 13, Canada held another Express Entry draw for candidates who had provincial nominations to apply for permanent residence. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued 681 invitations to candidates who had scores of at least 720. All invited candidates had received an automatic 600 points by virtue of holding a nomination from a […]Shelby Thevenot
- BC PNP: Over 400 workers, graduates, entrepreneurs invited October 13, 2021British Columbia invited over 400 immigration candidates through four Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) draws held on October 12, 2021. Candidates from the Skills Immigration (SI) and Express Entry BC (EEBC) streams of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) received invitations in a regularly held general draw. More specifically, invitations were issued to those […]Alexandra Miekus
- U.S. to reopen land border with Canada November 8 October 13, 2021The U.S. is reopening its land border to non-essential travel from Canada starting November 8. Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas announced that fully vaccinated travellers from Canada and Mexico will be able to enter the country from land and sea ports of entry. “In alignment with the new international air travel system that will […]Shelby Thevenot
- Alberta PNP invites 275 Express Entry candidates October 12, 2021Alberta has released the details of its September 30 immigration draw. The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) invited 275 Express Entry candidates with scores of at least 300 to apply for a provincial nomination. All in all, Alberta held four Alberta Express Entry stream draws in September, each with minimum score requirements of 300. A total of […]Shelby Thevenot
- Manitoba PNP invites 426 to apply for provincial nomination October 12, 2021Manitoba has released the results of its latest round of invitations held on October 7. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) invited a total of 426 immigration candidates across three Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs): Skilled Workers in Manitoba — 350 invitations with a minimum EOI score of 446; Skilled Workers Overseas — 21 invitations with a […]Shelby Thevenot
- How do I get my proof of vaccination (vaccine passport)?You should have received a receipt showing the details of the vaccine you were given and if it was your first or second dose. You will need to show the paper or digital copy along with identification to access certain spaces in Ontario.
- Are fertility treatments and reproductive technology covered by OHIP?Since 2015, the Ontario Fertility Program has been available to eligible patients in helping them grow their families. You may be able to access funded fertility services regardless of your gender, sexual orientation, and/or family status.
- What is Medical Assistance In Dying (MAID)?Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID)—also known as voluntary euthanasia, or assisted suicide—is when you or your health care provider administer prescription medication to assist with your death, with your consent. It is legal in Canada.
- Can I bring my pet to Canada?Whether you are bringing a new pet home to Canada or bringing your beloved furry family member to join you in Canada there are things to keep in mind.
- Who are the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples?Our story begins with the Indigenous peoples and their traditional territories, in what we now call North America.
- Where can I get free legal help for my eviction court hearing?If you're being evicted for not paying your rent lawyers can help guide you for free.
- What are respite services for children with special needs?When you need extra help managing the day-to-day of caring for a child with a disability, a respite service can assist you.
- What can I do if I was seriously injured by the police?How to report police brutality and abuse.
- What is a service animal?Service animals are not pets, they are working animals with a job to do.
- What options do I have for adopting a child?Adopting children happens for different reasons; regardless of your reason, there are steps to take if you are planning on blending and growing your family.