This is an NCAC community-based initiative committed to advancing the social and economic integration and participation of Nigerian newcomers, immigrants and refugees in Calgary.
Through the generous support of donors and program sponsors, NCAC Newcomers Assistance Program provides services that build connections, create opportunities and promote participation in our community to the increasing number of newcomers who call Calgary their home.
A unique community-based initiative created by NCAC that allows members and Non-members to donate new or fairly used unwanted items (clothes, bicycles, toys, tools) to a family that will put them to good use and keep their useful life is extended.
- Express Entry: Canada invites 4,200 immigration candidates September 30, 2020Canada held a new Express Entry draw on September 30. Federal Skilled Worker Program candidates were among today’s successful candidates for the third consecutive draw. The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score in this latest invitation round was 471, a decrease of 1 point over the previous all-program draw , which was held on September 16. […]Alexandra Miekus
- British Columbia holds largest immigration draw of 2020 September 29, 2020British Columbia issued 450 new invitations to apply for a provincial nomination in a draw that took place on September 29. This was the province’s largest draw of 2020, surpassing the over 430 invitations it issued in its September 1st draw. Today’s Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) draw saw invitations go to Skilled Worker and International […]Alexandra Miekus
- UPDATE: Ontario closed applications to Masters Graduate PNP September 29, 2020UPDATE: Ontario opened and closed applications to the Masters Graduate stream on the same day, as registration to apply to this stream currently operates in a rush-seating format. Registration was closed when the limit of 1,215 was met, and will be closed until further notice. Original story published September 29 at 14:52 GMT: Today, September […]Shelby Thevenot
- Foreign TV and film workers eligible for priority processing September 29, 2020Canada is now offering a 14-day processing standard for eligible foreign television and film workers. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officers will now prioritize work permit processing for foreign TV and film workers who need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Anyone who does not have citizenship from a visa-exempt country needs a TRV to […]Shelby Thevenot
- Canadian travel restrictions extended until Halloween September 29, 2020Canada is once again extending travel restrictions to foreign travellers as cases of coronavirus continue to rise. A new Canadian government Order in Council states that coronavirus travel restrictions will be extended until Halloween, on October 31. This means Canada will have two important decisions to make at the end of October. The first is […]Shelby Thevenot
- Why Ontario needs an EOI system for immigration September 28, 2020If Ontario’s newly proposed immigration system gets the green light it will abolish the current rush-seating model. The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) recently put forward a proposal to change some of its programs to an Expression of Interest (EOI) system. The new system would use scoring criteria to target the applicants who are best […]Shelby Thevenot
- Immigrate to Canada from Nigeria with these immigration programs September 27, 2020Every year thousands of Nigerians immigrate to Canada, and the numbers have been growing in recent years. In 2019, about 12,595 Nigerians got Canadian permanent residence, and about 11,985 pursued their education in Canada. This is up considerably from the 4,090 who came to Canada in 2015. There were about 42,430 Nigerians living in Canada […]Shelby Thevenot
- How to sponsor your partner for Canadian immigration September 26, 2020Canada is aiming to expedite the processing of 18,000 spousal sponsorship applications by the end of this year. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) made this significant announcement on Thursday, outlining the innovative steps it is taking to try and reunite loved ones as quickly as possible. Looking to sponsor your spouse? Complete this form […]Kara Crudo
- Manitoba invites 189 candidates to apply for nomination September 25, 2020Manitoba’s latest provincial draw issued 189 invitations for immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for permanent residence. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) invited skilled workers and international graduates through three immigration streams: Skilled Workers in Manitoba, International Education Stream, Skilled Workers Overseas. This draw brings the total number of invitations this year, […]Mohanad Moetaz
- Nova Scotia PNP invites automotive industry workers September 25, 2020Nova Scotia invited immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination on September 24. The Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) released the draw’s eligibility criteria for Express Entry candidates but did not say how many invitations were sent. Candidates needed to have a primary occupation in one of the following two National Occupational Classification (NOC) […]Shelby Thevenot
- Ontario Launching Free Wi-Fi on GO TransitThe Ontario government is providing free Wi-Fi for passengers on all GO buses and approximately 50% of GO trains. Customers will have free access to 10MB of data per trip, a four-hour period.
- IRCC Speeding Up Processing for Spousal ApplicationsImmigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce wait times.
- Ontario Introduces French Accents on Driver's Licences and Ontario Photo CardsStarting September 28, 2020, Franco-Ontarians can request new Ontario government issued ID with French Language Characters.
- New COVID-19 Testing Guidelines Promise to Lower Wait TimesThe province announced new testing protocols and added more testing sites to alleviate long wait times.
- Ontario Rolls Out COVID-19 Fall Preparedness PlanThe province unveiled the first step they are taking towards a series of measures in their plan to manage the pandemic this fall.