The Mission and Objectives of the Nigerian-Canadian Association of Calgary (NCAC)
In furtherance of the By-laws of the Nigerian Canadian Association of Calgary ("NCAC"), as amended from time to time, the mission and objectives of NCAC are as follows:
- To exhibit and promote, in a discrete, inclusive, peaceful and unobtrusive manner, those aspects of Nigerian culture and heritage that would contribute positively to the Canadian cultural mosaic.
- To encourage a positive environment where members of the Association can get together from time to time for social and multicultural engagement, dialogue and interaction.
- To provide a cultural connection and identity, as needed, for children of Nigerian parentage and any other person who desires to identify with the Association’s objectives, as more particularly outlined in this Bylaw.
- To create a network, and if necessary a platform, for rendering reasonable and lawful assistance, as deemed fit by the Association, to members who may require support from time to time, and to Nigerians arriving newly to Calgary in order to facilitate their transition into the larger Calgary community.
- To act as the focal point of a network that would promote social and economic benefit of its members in particular and society in general.
- To provide communal leadership and also act as the umbrella organization to duly registered ethnic or professional associations in Calgary of Nigerian heritage or with majority membership of people originally from Nigeria if any such association agrees and accepts to be an affiliate member of NCAC pursuant to this Bylaw.
Approved by NCAC Members on June 26, 2016